Now that I've started the New Year off on the right foot, I can get back to being me again.
At this writing, there is about one hour left until the Mandatory Lykos Inauguration, and for some reason, I can't shake the feeling of being a little bit sad about that.
It absolutely sickens me that my former-colleagues at the District Attorney's Office are going through what they are going through. These are people who were (and still are, in many ways) my mentors. They are friends. They are family.
But more importantly, they are professionals who have earned the right to be treated with the respect that they've earned during their service to the District Attorney's Office. Each and every one of them has more trial experience than Pat Lykos, and they have more heart than Lykos and Leitner could ever come up with on their own.
And yet, they are now forced to cut their vacations short and show up for a mandatory swearing in ceremony. I'm willing to bet that well over half of them wish there was somebody else being sworn in this morning.
They don't deserve that treatment.
And I'm already cringing at what I can only guess Lykos will say to them during her Coronation Address.
-will she begin it with her patented opening word of "Friends"?
-how many times will she cite the "Rule of Law"? (NOTE: If the Coronation was being covered in Florida, I would so be starting a drinking game with that one.)
-will she preach optimism and professionalism, or will she blast them for the sins of the Rosenthal Administration?
-will she seek to frighten them with an iron hand or will she emphasize the team work required to make any Office a good one?
-will Leitner be standing over her shoulder pointing out which ADAs are "enemies" to her Administration?
I'm not optimistic about how she will handle it, seeing as how she and Jim have pretty much screwed the pooch on every other aspect involving morale at the Office.
But, like I said, I won't be in attendance. If any of you ADAs who show up are so inclined, please feel free to post it in the comments.
Today is a Dark Day for the Harris County District Attorney's Office.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar