So, I just got back from a much needed vacation for a couple of days in the arctic tundra known as New York City.
I don't even get off the plane before my cell phone starts lighting up with questions over me being called into Lykos' office to answer questions about where I got the offense report dealing with the Rachel Palmer/Don Hooper incident.
Now, first of all, let's explore the idiocy of this rumor:
1. I don't work for the Old Goat, so the idea of her "calling me in" to her office is beyond silly.
2. Under the Journalist Shield Law that she supported in her sucking up to the Chronicle, my sources would be protected.
AND
3. I've never seen the offense report.
So, this rumor that I'm hearing apparently traces back to none other than Don Hooper, himself, and his new best friend, Danny Dexter. (NOTE: This shows that Danny lacks judgment, just FYI).
The rumor is apparently that I got "called in" to see Cruella de Vil herself, and I named who had given me the offense report and I've agreed not to write anything about the Court 13 race until after the election.
So, where to begin?
First of all, although I have heard about the offense report from multiple, multiple, multiple sources who HAVE seen it, I will swear on a stack of Bibles that I have never seen it with my own eyes. If you would like to go back and review the blog, you will quickly see that I have never purported to have seen the offense report, either. I will admit that the thought crossed my mind to ask someone for a copy, but then I thought that there might be the slight chance that a mean and vindictive elected official such as Pat Lykos might just conduct a witch hunt for whoever might have given me said offense report.
So, imagine my shock when I heard that Pat Lykos was conducting a witch hunt to find out who ran the offense report about her darling Rachel.
Dammit, Patsy, I thought you were busy crunching the stats to figure out why there were so many murders last weekend. Was it an anomally or was it organized crime? Inquiring minds want to know.
But, alas, although the KGB side of Rachel Palmer's campaign is actively searching to see who might have leaked information to the enemy, there was no such leak. No person has provided me with any type of written material on the incident.
But I am glad to see our tax dollars at work, Snooks.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar