I'm spending the first part of this week in San Antonio for a Continuing Legal Education seminar, which is a real Barn-Burner, let me tell you. There's Wi-Fi which is allowing to spend countless hours browsing the Internet and checking my e-mails, which helps pass the time. Yesterday, I got an e-mail from my best friend in Austin remarking that things are awfully quiet on the blog during those down times where the Branch Davidians haven't screwed anything up lately, but I guess that's just the nature of the game.
Hell, even Rage seems to be hibernating.
But apparently the Lykos Administration has finally realized if they quit doing stupid crap then I wouldn't have much to write about. It's a solid plan, and one I don't mind at all.
Maybe I'll write a book or something in my down time!
The only thing of note really coming out of the 6th Floor is actually a lack of action. The Division Chief of Grand Jury retired from the Office a couple of months ago, and the Gang still hasn't caught up on corresponding personnel moves that need to be made. Word has it that based on some, um, spending indiscretions, the Office doesn't have the money in the budget to promote anyone to the Division Chief level.
It's not really all that big of a deal, though. Being the Division Chief of Grand Jury is kind of like being a Red-Shirt Golfer when it comes to job difficulty and stress. It doesn't really need a true division chief to handle it. Quite frankly, that would be a waste of money.
So it is kind of hard to criticize the Gang for that particular move. However, they have been sitting on their hands for weeks and weeks now on other Office moves, which isn't quite as acceptable. Moving courts is a regular occurrence within the D.A.'s Office, although it is often stressful. Prosecutors have to wrap up their caseloads and leave them in a presentable form to their successors. Advanced notice is needed, but the moves need to get made.
Lykos and her Gang do need to get off their butts and make their moves.
But other than that, folks, it's all quiet on the Western Front.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar