Rabu, 05 Agustus 2009

McAnulty & Knotts

Okay, I've been a bit remiss in my duties as Blogmeister.

I've been moving the past two weeks and not paying to attention to what was going on in the Chronicle, so I feel very bad for missing this article on the retirement of two incredibly talented (and legendary) investigators this week -- Dan McAnulty and Ron Knotts.

Now, out of the two of them, I gotta admit I knew Ron better, because we had the common ground of Aggieland to talk about, but the respect I had for both of them was immense. I don't think that I can rival the tribute to these great men that Brian Rogers did in his article in the Chronicle, other than to say that it was an honor to work with them both.

I've mentioned it time and again, but knowing the history of the people we are all working with is a huge part of the job that we all do.

Both Ron and Dan were Old School investigators who leave behind them a career that I think anybody who enters into law enforcement would be envious of. The funny thing about being a police officer is that nobody ever gives you credit for the crimes that you may have potentially stopped.

Given the job that these two men did for so many years, there is no way of ever calculating the crimes that they prevented through their diligent work.

I've talked about the fact that one of the hugest aspects of working as a Harris County Prosecutor was the opportunity to walk amongst Giants, and Ron and Dan certainly fit that description.

Guys, for all the intakes we worked together and all the times we just sat around and shot the, um, breeze, I'm proud to know and have worked with you both.

Congratulations on a well-deserved retirement.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar