Sabtu, 15 Agustus 2009

Barkings from the Lykos Lap Dog

There's a cute little letter to the editor from Hannah Chow today, defending the Lykos record on minority hires. It's in response to the Lisa Falkenberg article on Carvana a couple of days.

She is proudly touting the fact that the Office has hired 5 (count 'em, 5) more minorities than there were at the end of last year. This is truly a stunning step forward in race relations. Let's see, they've been in Office for 8 months and hired five, that's like about .75 minorities a month!

What she doesn't address in her article is why it seems that none of these minorities are actually moving forward in the Office in any meaningful type of way. Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating promotion based solely on race, but Lykos and the Davidians are clearly letting it be known that your best chance for promotion within the Office is if you are Caucasian.

I mean, come on, when they are citing that they have two minority Bureau Chiefs and they are talking about someone who is Asian and another who is American-Indian? Give me a break. Where is the representation from the African-American and Hispanic prosecutors? Is Lykos saying that none of them are worthy of promotion?

I can think of several example of minority prosecutors in the Office right now that would be excellent members of the upper echelons.

Not that I can fathom why they would want to entwine themselves with that group.

I'm sure the comments on this post are going to once again say I'm "race baiting" and advocating promotion for the sole sake of diversity. That's not what I'm trying to do. I just think that if Lykos was going to campaign on diversity and Chow is going to write letters to the Chronicle proclaiming her boss to be the greatest thing for race relations since Abraham Lincoln, then they ought to back it up with some meaningful moves.

Not the crap that they seem to be trying to peddle on a daily basis.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar